June 11, 1980: Steve Ballmer Joins Microsoft
Subscribe! Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | More
1980 – Otherwise known as “The 24th Man” (to join Microsoft, that is), Steve Ballmer came on as Microsoft’s first Business Manager. He made only $50k and stock options. Of course 30 years later, Steve succeeded Bill Gates as CEO of the Redmond based software company.
Subscribe to Day In Tech History:
RSS Feed - iTunes - Google Play - Spotify
Twitter - Facebook
- RSS Bandwidth by Cachefly Get a 14 Day Trial
Be a Part of the Sconnie Geek Nation!
In Wisconsin, friends are called "Sconnies". Even if you're not from Wisconsin, you can be part of the Sconnie Geek Nation through my coverage! By pledging, you join the Geek Sconnie Nation! Plus, you help me cover costs so I can continue the coverage of Gadget tech, music tech, and geek culture through the shows.
Speak and Spell debuts
- Compaq purchases DEC for $9 million
- The first cameraphone photo – Philippe Kahn taking a picture of his newborn daughter
- Apple releases Safari for Windows
- 1st generation iPhone gets put on the Obsolete list