2014 – Watch the sky tonight as you will see not only a full moon, but what is called the “Honey Moon”. What is so special about this moon – it will be the last full moon on a Friday the 13th until 2049.
1993 – Microsoft teamed up with Tele-communications and Time Warner to start the revolution known as “Interactive TV”. The ability to buy product right through the set during a show. iTV would give users a Digital Set Top Box in which they would use to browse, go back and watch video. It even connected to a telephone to let you know who is calling and possibly get SMS messages.
Full Day in Tech History podcast show notes for June 11
- 1983 – Pioneer Crossed Neptune
- 1986 – Activision finalizes the merger with Infocom
- 2003 – 2.4.21 of LINUX kernal released
- 2003 – IE for Mac is shut down
- 2005 – Fedora Core 4 is released
- 2006 – Vincent Ferrari tries to cancel his AOL account, but the agent wouldn’t
- 2007 – Jeffrey Goodin is the first to be sentenced because of the CAN-SPAM act. He was posing as an AOL billing agent