June 16, 1977: Software Development Labs (Oracle) Incorporated
Subscribe! Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | More
1977 – Larry Ellison, Bob Miner and Ed Oates incorporate Software Development Laboratories (SDL). Of course, SDL’s big program was Oracle. It was a codename for a CIA funded project.
Full Day in Tech History podcast show notes for June 16
Subscribe to Day In Tech History:
RSS Feed - iTunes - Google Play - Spotify
Twitter - Facebook
- RSS Bandwidth by Cachefly Get a 14 Day Trial
Be a Part of the Sconnie Geek Nation!
In Wisconsin, friends are called "Sconnies". Even if you're not from Wisconsin, you can be part of the Sconnie Geek Nation through my coverage! By pledging, you join the Geek Sconnie Nation! Plus, you help me cover costs so I can continue the coverage of Gadget tech, music tech, and geek culture through the shows.
- 1657 – The first Pendulum Clock
- 1884 – Coney Island’s first gravity powered Roller Coaster
- 1988 – Intel releases the i386DX
- 1999 – Windows 98 SP1 is released
- 2008 – Google Docs gets PDF Support
- 2009 –iPhone OS 3.0